Monday, June 14, 2010

Bird in a Cage


Here's a fun card I made. It took far too long for a single card, but I like it. Yesterday I took a class with Tim Holtz and it inspired me to do something a little different. I bought his bird and birdcage die. I pretty much copied his bird from the package; I found some music ephemera and inked it with two Ranger distress inks - Broken China, Spiced Marmalade; I adhered the paper to Grunge paper, die cut the bird, inked around the edges of the bird and wing, and that's about it. I used Stampin' Up Groovy Guava paper for the card base, a K&Co. patterned paper for the next layer, white from my stash which I ran through an embossing folder and swished a Distress ink pad over (Shabby Shutters) to ink the raised dots. I used some snippets of SU ribbon tied onto the bottom of the birdcage. I put a crystal dot at the top of the bird cage. I applied a light application of Distress Stickles (Faded Jeans) along the wires of the birdcage. I think that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment