Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mini-scrapbooks



Mini-scrapbooks --- I have one that I bought as a kit several years ago. A scrapbook store, which is no longer in business, was selling themed kits of 4x6 mini-scrapbooks and I just loved them. I put together the cat one and filled it with pictures of cats I've owned, and other cats I've known over the years. It is just adorable, and I have it displayed in my living room where I see it every day. It is a very simple construction; it has two chipboard covers for front and back, and then cardstock  pages that accordion fold, and they are simply glued to the front and back covers. This gives you a book which is double sided. Every so often I turn my cat book to the opposite side, so I give all my cats equal face time. The only thing I originally disliked about it is that the photo mats end up being 3" x 3", so you have to really cut down your photos, or shrink them in a computer program and print them out smaller. But the whole thing is so cute that when it's all put together you don't mind the smaller photo size. I'll post photos of my own cat book in a little bit.

So, this Halloween book is a 4x6 book. I decorated the pages with paper that I used in my Halloween card making, and various rubber stamps that I own (Studio G $1 stamps, SU.) The cover stamp is a Tim Holtz ATC stamp. I sponged the background colors on lightly after stamping the image in black. The tag below it which says "Halloween" I stamped on white paper and sponged ink over it. Then I covered it (rather liberally) with Ranger's Glossy Accents and let it dry for a day. When I went back to work with it the next day it had left a rather pliable piece of embellishment. On the backside, the paper was soft like cotton. The front was glossy and the whole piece was bendable without cracking. I then punched the corners with my SU ticket punch and glued it onto the book cover. The middle photo shows how the book looks when you open it up, and the bottom photo shows the back side. You can add photos of your favorite ghosts and goblins on each solid cardstock square, and display it in your home or on your desk at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment