Monday, August 16, 2010

For the Birds

I was having a little fun with birds today. I love all the new bird images that are coming out in the craft world these days. This was a quick little card where I tried out some punches, an embossing folder, and a bird stamp.
The corner punch is Martha Stewart; cuts and embosses a fold line to make an actual photo corner.
The little brown bird was stamped twice with different inks and cut out.
The stamp is an unmounted stamp from Club Scrap's Birds of  a Feather kit.
The flying bird is a Martha Stewart punch.
The embossing folder is from QuicKutz, my first folder of theirs. I am a bit disappointed that the image is not embossed deeper. Other brands have a deeper embossed image than this. So I tried to ink the grass along the bottom and did not do such a great job of it. But I was just playing around, and didn't decide to ink it until after the whole card had been put together. So next time I will ink the panel first, and if I don't like it I can make another and try again.
The blue card base is paper from Club Scrap's Birds of a Feather kit, and the green mat is from Club Scrap's Refresh kit. The light green paper is SU, Green Galore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment