Thursday, July 29, 2010

Using Perfect Pearls

I made this card for the Club Scrap PSL - the Pro-Scrapbookers League. This is a contest they hold where you compete in teams of scrapbookers, cardmakers, or digital scrapbookers using mostly Club Scrap products. Each week there is a different challenge to encourage you to use different materials or techniques in our work. This week the challenge is to use an art medium, such as glimmer mists, paint dabbers, Stickles, Perfect Pearls, etc. I decided to play with my Perfect Pearls, as I love the effect I get with them. They are time consuming though. I stamped the stamp for this card on 3 different papers and colored them in. It took a few hours to color them. Perfect Pearls is a powder and you use a water brush to paint them onto paper. You have to have just the right amount of water flow in your brush - too much and the result is soupy and the color isn't vibrant enough, too dry and the powder doesn't stick. Anyway, here is one of my cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment