Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Postcards

I wanted to send some reminder postcards to the ladies in my Book Club. We're meeting at my house this month. So I played around with some Club Scrap stamps (and one Hero Arts stamp) and my Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I did some collage stamping and masking and inking. Lots of fun! I used a tan/light brown paper from Club Scrap's English Garden kit. It has a really nice feel and finish to it which doesn't show up in this photo.
I like the effect you get from masking a main image. You stamp a focal image first. You also stamp it onto a Post-it note and cut out the image. Then you place the Post-it note over the stamped image as you create the rest of the piece. It keeps you from stamping on top of your focal image. When you're all done stamping everything you want on the card, then take the same color ink that you stamped the focal image with, (it is still covered by the Post-it note) and use a blending foam or sponge tip to lightly dab ink around the entire Post-it note. When you remove the Post-it note, you will see that this highlights your focal image because the background of that stamping will be lighter and brighter than all the stamping around it. It will let the original cardstock show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment