Saturday, July 3, 2010

One sheet wonder cards

I was browsing Split Coast Stampers gallery the other day and I ran across something called One Sheet Wonders by Dakotastamper / Laurie D.. She had designed a set of 8 notecards using one sheet of patterned paper, and a bunch of cardstock. I used her template and cut up a sheet of pale River Rock flower paper from Stampin' Up. About 95% of the cards are Stampin' Up materials. The stamps, cardstock, patterned paper and some ribbon are SU. The rest of the ribbon and other embellishments are from my stash. (Two ribbon slides are SU.) The scallop punch is SU and the bird border punch is Martha Stewart.



This was a fun project to play with. I made up all the elements for each card, and then did the stamping after I put the cards together. This is not my usual style of card making, but it worked for this set.

The SU colors I used were: Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava,True Thyme and Kiwi Kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment